Registry is now closed
Thursday October 24, 2019 at 1 PM (ET)
Duration: 60 minutes. Get recording on the right.
The PE-Expert4 is setting the leading edge for power electronics development systems. It is a mixed DSP+FPGA system with the main code and algorithm executing on a 1.25 GHz DSP while the peripherals like PWM and ADC are handled by dedicated FPGAs. Highlighted features and capabilities when properly configured:
- 144 PWMs @ upto 400kHz
- 1.25 GHz TI C6657 DSP
- 68 Analog Inputs
- 60 Digital to analog outs
- 80 isolated Digital ins
- 80 isolated Digital outs
- counter, encoder, resolver inputs
- Dual core architecture one DSP for code execution one DSP for dedicated debugging and troublshooting
The central TI C6657 DSP is 10x faster than the latest F2837x C2000 MCUs from TI, it is 100x faster than the F2833x C2000 MCUs. There is a second DSP that has access to the same memory which is used to pass internal DSP calculations out to the waveform monitoring program PE-ViewX for realtime analysis and debugging of the control algorithm.
Programming the system is incredibly straightforward using PSIM's embedded code generation capabilities.
In this webinar we will use PSIM to generate code for two case studies: a PMSM sensorless motor drive and a 7 level flying capacitor multi-level inverter. The motor will be controlled live and internal variables like the Id and Iq control loops will be monitored in real time. The system will then be quickly reconfigured for control of a 7 level inverter real-time HIL demonstration using the Typhoon HIL 604.
- Generate code using PSIM
- How to define a PWM output
- How to define an ADC sample
- How to define an interrupt routine
- Compile and load code to the PE-Expert4 using the control software PE-ViewX
- Setup waveform variable for waveform monitoring
- Control process variables like motor speed reference
- Run the PE-Expert4 with a realtime HIL system for control verification of large/complex/dangerous systems
If you can't attend, sign up anyway and we will send you the recording afterwards.
- PSIM Pro
- Digital Control Module
- PE-Expert4 Target
Partner products used:
- PE-Expert4 development system
- Typhoon HIL 604
Other upcoming and recorded webinars are posted HERE.